(Scroll down or page down to view entire entry.)
• Marketing strategy
• Marketing & Sales expertise in: Software-as-a-Service
Peter Cohen provides expert guidance to help companies effectively market and sell software-as-a-service (SaaS) solutions to enterprises. His SaaS Marketing Strategy Audit and other strategic advisory services provide practical advice to accelerate the sales cycle, control customer acquisition costs, manage the product introduction process, and increase customer retention and renewals.
Mr. Cohen has 25 years’ experience developing and implementing successful marketing strategies for technology companies. He has worked on a broad range of technologies including design and manufacturing automation systems, office productivity applications, groupware, mobile device management software, contact center solutions, web conferencing systems, and talent management applications.
Mr. Cohen has published and spoken extensively on the particular challenges of marketing software-as-a-service solutions to enterprises.
Relevant work samples
- Guided an established provider of HR management solutions through a full transition of their product marketing functions from an on-premise to a software-as-a-service model. All efforts were conducted with the goal of optimizing the return on customer acquisition costs, accelerating the sales cycle, and ensuring renewals.
- Educated a provider of clinical trial data management software on the essential requirements for successfully marketing its software-as-a-service solution. Alerted the company to obstacles it was likely to encounter during the process and instructed them on how to avoid those challenges.
- Worked with large provider of eCommerce solutions to develop and articulate a compelling and unique corporate value proposition. Helped to elevate their message from a “product focus” to a “value focus,” highlighting their success with many of the world’s most recognized companies.
Clients / Employers include:
• Lotus Development
• Red Bend
• SaaS Marketing Strategy Advisors (founder and managing partner)